- Practical course: Applied entomology I. Development, behavior and physiology of honey bees, introduction to apiculture, biology of other social insects and solitary bees.
- Practical course: Developmental physiology. Introduction to invertebrate and vertebrate model organisms, selected topics of development such as oogenesis, fertilization, cleavage patterns, larval development, hormonal regulation of moulting, mesoderm induction, limb development.
- Practical course: Zoology for students of geo-ecology. Biodiversity and monitoring methods. Diversity and adaptiveness of morphological structures.
- Seminar: Neotropical fauna. Mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, insects typical for the Neotropis, major neotropical biomes, and selected topics of tropical ecology. Prerequisite for field course.
- Field course: Excursion to Brazil. Fauna of different neotropical ecosystems such as Amazonia, Pantanal, Atlantic Rain Forest, Araucaria forest, coastal lagoons. In co-operation with PUCRS, Porto Alegre, USP, São Paulo and Ribeirão Preto, UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, UFAP, Macapa.
- Seminar: Biology of Social Insects. Life history of social bees, wasps, ants and termites, regulation of caste determination, theories of evolution of insect societies.