The low quality of the provided solution for the optics tasks of the lecture in fall '11 has forced me to provide my own solution, based off the official one.
Note that this is a complete solution with all the more relevant derivations. It was copy/pasted from my own solutions after being cross-checked against the official solution (as far as the solution provided was actually related to the task).
Use at your own risk: Optics_T25_BC
- Mathematical Methods in Classical and Celestial Mechanics, Vladimir I. Arnold, Springer
- Dynamical Systems (3rd Ed.), Vladimir I. Arnold, Springer [same as the preceding one, but an older title]
- Lehrbuch der theoretischen Physik Bd1, “Mechanik” Lew D. Landau
Electrostatics & Electrodynamics
- Mechanik, Berkeley Physikkurs, Bd.1
- Problems in general physics, Irodov [a collection of tasks with solutions]
- Wikipedia (especially the english one)
- Elektrostatik, Berkeley Physikkurs Bd. 2
- Problems in general physics, Irodov [collection of tasks with solutions]
- A good script – if you can get one.
- Lehrbuch der theoretischen Physik, “Klassische Feldtheorie” Lew D. Landau
- Optik, E. Hecht (as listed on the official page)[more phenomenologic and a tiring read]
- Problems in generaly Physics, Irodov [geometrical optics and wave-equations]
- Quantenmechanik, Schwabl, Springer
- Quantenmechanik für Fortgeschrittene, Schwabl, Springer
- Physics of Atoms and Quanta, Haken and Wolf, Springer
- Methods of mathamatical Physics vol. 1 & 2, R. Courant D. Hilbert
- Schaum's Outlines of Tensor Calculus
Furthermore you just need your brain, knowledge of English and a bit of perseverance while searching the net and you will find quite some useful texts available online for free. (e.g. On Path Integrals, Fractional Quantum Mechanics)
Here now I venture to provide solutions to the tasks posed in Irodov's “Problems in general Physics” seeing as the solutions provided are mostly just the final formulae I shall venture to provide at least a short derivation. The solutions will come up in time when I solve the tasks.